Sunday, August 2, 2015

Mean Girls

Mean girls are . . . mean.

Today my "not friend" texted me things which really hurt my feelings. I am who I am and nobody can change that.  Why do people have to be so mean to me? Why do they have to be so rude to me?  She wrote on a text "guess who is being blocked now?"  I don't like it. I blocked her from my phone.

As my my mom says, there are three reasons why people are "mean" to others:
1) they don't like themselves,
2) they are jealous, or
3) they want to be someone else than who they are.

I am going to stand up for what I believe in and try not to be so upset about what other people say to me.  I am who I am and nobody can change that.

2 comments:

  1. You're mom will never steer you in the wrong direction and she gave you some very wise words. My 10 year old daughter, Brooklynn, will be reading your blog and I hope you will inspire a lot of other girls to stand up for themselves and to stand up to the "mean girls". Keep being you which is awesome from what I'm reading. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julie for posting your comment to Samantha, I will have her read it tomorrow. She will be thrilled to know you enjoy her blog and will have your daughter read her blog as well. Samantha has experienced bullying at different times throughout elementary school and middle school will only be worse! I have encouraged her to appropriately express herself and thereafter "walk away" as hard as that may be. She has done so (without me stepping in) successfully and I hope that continues. Thank you for being part of Samantha's "blog family"; that's how she sees it. She truly enjoys writing daily about "growing up" and how she overcomes adversity. Samantha hopes to make a positive impact with both children and adults in her postings and I'm so touched to know you will be reading them!

    ReplyDelete