Sunday, August 9, 2015

A Little Mishap

A "little mishap" occurred today.  When I was in the middle of taking my shot . . . the medicine stopped.

I wanted to do my shot myself tonight.  I prepared the pen, put the needle on, and dialed the dosage.  When I pushed the button for the medicine, the dial stopped at 0.4.  I did not check whether there was enough medicine in the pen left before I put the needle in my stomach.  My mom came to help me and slid the needle on my stomach when she was trying to take the needle out and she did not even say "sorry."  My skin was bleeding.  I was nervous that the pen had broken, but it didn't. My mom realized that the medicine in the pen was empty.

I learned that my mom should never do my shot again, and that an adult needs to check my pen each night to make sure there is enough medicine before I give myself an injection.

No comments:

Post a Comment