Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Making New Friends

OMG . . .
Sixth grade is SO HARD.  I don't mean "hard" that the work is hard; well, the work is hard however the friends are even harder!

I feel like I am invisible.  Literally invisible, like they don't hear me.  I try to talk to them but they don't answer back, they walk away.  I am "sadness" in the movie "Inside Out".  I want to be "Joy!"

I usually don't base myself in a character in a movie, but in the last few days I have.  It has literally been torture making friends at my new school. Everyone is ignoring me.

I lost something the other day; my friendship with my best friend. One of my "best friends" is hanging out with other girls.  I try to hang out with all of them and they don't even talk to me when I am with them.
The whole point of making friends is to stick with them.

You need someone right by your side.  If it is your brother or sister, that is perfect.  My brother is perfect (although he is very annoying!) Sometimes I don't like him, but he is always there to support me.

It does not matter what is on the outside, it matters what is in the inside of you.  I just finished the book "Wonder."  It is my favorite book because I love how the main character has a deformed face and even though he is bullied he stands up for what he believes in.  He does not bully other people.  As my brother says, "pick on someone your own size!"

I have learned that if your friends are not paying attention to you, they are not your real friends.  They can be jealous of you or upset with themselves.  People may think of me and say "I can control Samantha.  She keeps saying 'sorry' and she looks sad," however I am not. I am disappointed that people don't understand me and they don't care about other people's feelings.

If people are rude to me, then I need to go find someone else to hang out with; not the same people every single day.  Remember, even if you are 39, 60 or even 11, people can still bully you . . . you just probably won't get bullied as much as I do.

My mom is 42.  To me, she looks like she is 23.  To other people she might look like she is 100.  Maybe she even looks like she is 19.  As I say, it does not matter what is on the outside, it matters what is in the inside. 

The next time you get bullied, remember, go hang out with someone else and tell them to STOP . . . and walk away.  You don't want mean people in your life, I choose not to have them in mine.

1 comment:

  1. Awww what a great advice. Samantha you are a wonderful girl. You know yourself and you know what's important. Making friends it's hard at any age, people hurt you at any age. But if you know yourself, you will be just fine. You will find some special people that will love u as you are. I promise you will open your eyes one day and realize that at that place, with those people you ARE Joy:)

    ReplyDelete