Sunday, September 20, 2015

X-Ray and blood test

On Friday I got my second blood test and x-ray since I started growth hormone therapy.

I first had my blood test done.  It was fine; the blood test hurt this time but I was okay in the end.  My dad took a video and a picture.  I think he was not supposed to do those two things and the lady who took my blood came up to my dad and said (in a weird voice), "You may not take pictures, she has a needle in her arm." The lady seemed "awkward", maybe that is just her I guess.

My x-ray went great.  There was one person in front of me in the line and he let me go ahead of him.  I needed to go to my school's homecoming game, so I went up to him and said, "May I please go in front of you, I have to go to a homecoming game for my school."  He said "of course" and let me have my turn so I would not be late.  The doctor came out and he said, "Samantha Haber" and I went in.  At first I thought he was going to put a shot in my body, but instead he put a sticker that said, "Left" on the plate where I had to put my hand on for the x-ray. The x-ray was soon over.

My bone-age about 6 months ago was age 10, and I am actually 11 and a half.  This x-ray will show my bone-age and see if it has changed.  It probably didn't but we will see. I put a picture of my x-ray for you to see what one looks like.  When I sent it to my mom she said, "You have a beautiful hand."  :-)


In a week and a half I will be going to the doctor to get an update.  I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment