Tuesday, September 8, 2015

To a good friend . . .

This blog is dedicated to a good friend who I have known since I was in first grade. Tonight she is starting her growth hormone therapy injections and I am SO PROUD of her!

Just from writing my blog, I have gotten to know myself more.  I know the very inside of myself.  I have gotten to know more about other people, even more about my mom.

I can get judged by friends or other people because I take growth hormone shots.  Have you ever heard the saying, "It does not matter what you look like, it matters what is in the inside."  That is how I feel; it does not matter that I take shots.  I am kind and loving to other people; that is what matters.

I have a pediatrician, and he told a patient of his to have her mother contact my mom so I can talk to her about growth hormone deficiency.  I can also tell her that my endocrinologist, who is still as slow as a turtle, is very nice. I hope I am able to meet her soon so I can tell her that I am the one who told my parents that I really wanted to take growth hormones so I can be the height I am supposed to be (and that taking shots every night isn't bad at all.)  I just finished day 66 of my shots. 

I am so happy I can share my experiences with all of you and hope I am helping children and their families by writing on my blog.

Remember: send me your pictures this week of your locker so I can see how cool they are at seriouslysamanthag@gmail.com!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your journey. We are so excited to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Samantha,

    I have just read your blog. Thank you so much for dedicating this to me!! I have learned a lot from your experiences. At first, growth hormone shots were hard for me, and I cried each night. Once my mom got the idea of doing it on my arm instead of my leg, though, I wasn't scared anymore. I am happily and confidently taking growth hormone shots to this day. :)

    ~AMK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw this comment AMK, thank you SO much for writing to me! I have never taken my shots in my leg, only in my arms and my stomach. I actually think it hurts less in my stomach when I do them myself than when my mom gives them to me in my arm. I have been doing my own shots now for a while. Sometimes when I am really tired or when my mom says my stomach "needs a break" my mom gives me my shot in my arm. The most important thing is that you take the shots in a place which Is the easiest for you. I'm so happy everything is going well and I hope to see you soon!
      Your friend, Samantha

      Delete