Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Thoreau Walden

This blog goes goes out my 10th grade English teacher from my high school and all teenagers around the world. I’m currently working on an essay for English class right now and my essay topic is "things that are needed for young people to overcome obstacles." You’re supposed to use articles and parts of books to create evidence for your topic. Along time ago in the beginning of the semester my English teacher made us read a chapter of a story from the author of Thoreau Walden. At first I read it, annotated it, and I had so much trouble understanding the deep meaning of the book. All my friends tried to explain it to me but I still could not understand it. Until my English teacher helped me understand it and a light-bulb went off in my head. The chapter of the story was telling how people in life should create a sense of structure for themselves to be able to achieve their goals in life like building a foundation for themselves. When I realized what this meant it stuck out to me so much because my blog relates to the main topic of the book. I decided to use the Walden essay as evidence for my English class research paper. Sadly, when I talk to my teacher she told me that Walden wasn’t necessarily what I was looking for in my essay and that I might have to cut it out from my essay. But she told me I don’t need to cut out Walden all the way because I could use it for my blog. And that’s exactly what I’m doing right now. Just because I cut out Walden from my essay in English class doesn’t mean I have to cut it out all the way. This particular essay really stood out to me and i want to thank my English teacher for showing me the correct path to take with this essay and showing me that it doesn’t resolve all around one chapter of a book or an essay and that there are so many resources in this world. Walden's says that building a foundation for yourself is something very important you need to learn in life which i 100% agree with. So if you’re struggling in life build a sense of structure for yourselves, go over, under, left, and  right to be able to solve your problems or to be able to achieve your goals. Do you have the dedication and determination to want to succeed in life? That is a question only you can answer. But if you do I promise you you will most certainly be able to get to the finish line.


No comments:

Post a Comment