Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Pushing Negative Thinking Out of the Way

I am the CEO of not making it onto the cheer team two years in a row and only making it onto the team in eighth grade because the cheerleader coach felt bad for me. I am CEO of not making student council president my sophomore year. I am the CEO of not making commissioner sophomore year. I am the CEO of not making a leadership club incoming junior year. I am the CEO of filling out an application and getting denied by every single leader ship club possible or athletic team. The only thing left I have is my student council application which I filled out almost 2 weeks ago and I’m still waiting for an answer. If I don’t get on student council junior year my life is practically over and colleges will think I’m the most boring-ist person ever. So give me an application and I’ll fill it out and I guarantee I will not get onto whatever it is. 
My question is why do these negative thoughts run through my mind? Why do I say them out loud to myself ? Why do I feel like I’m a failure? 
I know all I have to do is keep trying and I will succeed one day. And that’s the same to you if you struggle with something in life keep trying and keep pushing and one day you’ll achieve the thing you’ve been needing or wanting. Just know “don’t wait until you’ve reached your goal to be proud of yourself. Be proud of every step you take toward reaching your goals.”

No comments:

Post a Comment