Thursday, April 23, 2020

Realizing Things

It is Wednesday, April 23. 

Spring break has just ended and I’m back to online learning. These past few weeks I’ve noticed that online learning has changed the way I study and complete assignments. I’ve been much more dedicated to my work lately. Since I have nothing to do in the house and I’m bored all day so I decide to get all my work done right on the spot. As for quizzes and tests, I haven’t had a lot. If I have one or two I study in advance for them a lot more than I would usually do and I’ve gotten 100% on almost every single quiz and test I’ve taken, even math! To be honest, I think this online learning process has changed me for the better because of how I have improved my work habits. 

The experience of being quarantined in my house and taking online classes instead of being at school has made me appreciate much more things in life. I appreciate my family so much more for all that they do for me. Our country’s unemployment rate is 55%. Both of my parents are working. My mom is a lawyer and my dad owns his own business as a general contractor. I’m very lucky person to have two parents who are working and are dedicated to their careers during this time. I realize more now how much my parents have done for me in the past and are still doing so much for me. 

Something that I have not missed by being in quarantine are the bus rides to school. Every single day before school and after school I would take the bus because my parents couldn’t drive me to school and I didn’t have a driver’s license yet. Now I have a license and when we start back up at school I’ll be able to drive my own car. I have been waiting to be a licensed driver and not ride the bus every single day since I was in sixth grade. It will be weird not having to ride the bus every single morning and afternoon for 45 minutes. 

I am just praying that everyone can do their duty by staying inside and being safe so this world can get better and we can go back to normal daily routines.

No comments:

Post a Comment