Monday, October 26, 2015

Going to The Nest

On Friday I went to "The Nest", which is a place where people live because they can't live by themselves because they are too old.  I spent two hours there and I had so much fun. 

I met Tom, who normally NEVER speaks.  When I was over, he did not stop talking!  He showed me all of the pictures in his room of his family of 8 children!  One of my good friends and I showed the residents how to do an art project.  We colored pumpkins and witches for Halloween!

I felt like I helped people who needed me.  I opened a world to them; one where they can meet new people every day.  They should be grateful that there are people who do want to see them and care about their feelings. I am looking forward to going back to visit them again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment