Monday, October 26, 2015

First Quarter of Middle School

I just finished my first quarter of middle school and I was SO happy.  Now I only have three more quarters to go until the year is over!

When I look back on the last quarter, I feel like I was "new" to the school and I was learning things I did not know before about homework, studying, having different teachers for each subjects, and taking different kinds of tests.  Now I am in the second quarter of school I feel more comfortable.

On the first week of school all of my friends had to help me open my locker because I could not open it myself.  Finally, I learned how to open it myself.  I am now one of the first students to get to my classroom on time because I know how get around the school and do things faster than I did when I first started.

It has been hard to make new friends.  I am still "roaming" around different groups and trying to find people I like hanging out with.  I think I am starting to get the hang of it.

I am really looking forward to performing with my singing group at school for Open House which is in a few weeks and continuing to be part of student council at my school.

This is a growing year for me in a lot of ways and I know I will get through all of it as long as I don't take everything in life "too seriously."

1 comment:

  1. Good luck to ya, Samantha. Middle school can be tough under the best of circumstances. Hope the growth hormone continues to work for you.

    ReplyDelete