Monday, December 26, 2016

It's Hanukkah Time!

I am a young Jewish girl and I celebrate Hanukkah.  At Hanukkah, families gather together for an eight-day celebration to commemorate the re-dedication of the Second Temple of Jerusalem.  Although it is not the most important Jewish holiday, it is one of the most well-known ones because of the traditional fried foods, games and our Menorah.

So far there have been 3 nights of Hanukkah.  On the first night I received a Six-Flags Magic Mountain yearly pass and on the second night my mom gave me a really cozy robe.  Tonight I got a "Bare Minerals Wish List" eye-shadow palette which is something I really wanted!

Hanukkah means a lot to me.  I know I am too mature to just think about only the presents on Hanukkah.  I think that Hanukkah is a celebration of freedom.  This holiday means I am a free Jewish girl.  The word Hanukkah means dedication.  I am dedicated to staying free.

I am very proud to be Jewish.  Even though I go to a Catholic school, I still love my religion and make it meaningful in my life.  I sing at my temple all the time, I go to all Shabbat services and Jewish youth group activities. All I know and feel is that I am proud to be a Jew and that is all I care about.

Happy Holidays to You All!

-Seriously Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment