Friday, December 30, 2016

Social Media

Hey guys,

Now I have finally gotten Instagram! I have written maybe 3 or 4 posts of me wanting to have Instagram and my mom not letting me sign up for it. About 2 months ago I convinced my mom I was responsible to have a social media account. 

I make sure that I only accept friend requests from people I know from school or from family and friends. If I don't know them I do not allow them to follow me.   My mom and I look through my account together and I show her the photos I post. I am glad that my mom and I look at my account and talk about the good and bad things about social media.

Funny story: my mom's friend has an Instagram account and he requested to follow me.  Since I did not recognize his screen name I declined the invitation.  When I got home my mom told me he wanted to follow me and I  told her that I did not recognize his name so I declined. My mom said, "good job" because I it is always better to be safe so that you do not allow people to follow you who you don't know. Now that I know the person is my mom's friend, I accepted his friend request.

Instagram is a fun way to follow your friends and see what they are doing, but it doesn't take the place of hanging out and spending time with one another.  Remember: limit your screen-time! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment