Thursday, June 30, 2016

My Life is the Best it Could Be

On Sunday it will be 365 days of me taking Growth Hormone Therapy. I feel like I have changed so much in the last year and changed other people's lives as well. I have showed people who I truly am from the very beginning of taking Growth Hormone Therapy; and now, a year later, I see myself as a whole different person.

I have to say it has been such a long journey for me and my family. I have not gotten this far without my friends and family. The main person I would like to thank is my endocrinologist, Dr. Lavin. My mom has become more brave because she is always there to support me while I take my shots, and when I don't feel like doing it myself she gives them to me.  She was scared in the beginning and now she does it so easily. My dad has also been a big part of my journey this year by taking me to my blood tests and my bone age x-rays. The best of all has been my brother.  When I take my shots he says nothing except "WOW", which I love.

I feel really lucky to have such great support.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update! What has your total growth been for your one year anniversary?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update! What has your total growth been for your one year anniversary?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samantha has not been to the Endocronologist for a month and has an appointment in July. Over 10 months she grew 5 inches (maybe a little more). She looks taller since she last went for a height check. Her average has been one inch in height every 2 months however I am told that this will slow down. Her doctor is incredibly pleased with her progress!

    ReplyDelete