Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Seeing the Doctor - ANOTHER INCH!

On Friday I went to my endocrinologist appointment which I go to every 2 months to check my height and weight.  I grew ANOTHER INCH! I don't feel much of a difference, but I am happy about it.

I asked my doctor, "Are you an endocrinologist because you are short or is it because you want to help people?"  He told me that he likes to help kids and I think that is very cool.

I don't feel that tall yet; but I know the doctor's office is measuring my height and weight properly.  I am a little worried that I might not get to be 5'3", which is about the height I am supposed to be if I did not have growth hormone deficiency.

What if I am so short in college? People might laugh at me because I am really short. I know I have many years to go before I am in college, but I still get worried.

My mom taught me to stand up for myself, and if people bully me about my height I do not have to be afraid.  I am who I am, and if that's means being short, I am fine with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment