Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Fear

What is fear? Fear is an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat. Does fear exist? Why does fear get the most of people? These are all questions I do not know the answers to and for me the Internet will not be able to answer those questions. The only person that can answer those questions are you and myself. I wish I could say I am a fearless person, I am spontaneous, and I am adventurous. To be honest I am scared a lot of the time. I never like getting in trouble because I am scared of the consequences. I can be adventurous and spontaneous sometimes but it is not like fear. Whenever I am about to do something and I am scared I feel a pain in my chest and in my stomach. It is different from all the other kinds of pain. I have been told, “You must realize that fear is not real. It is a product of thoughts you create, do not misunderstand me, danger is very real but fear is a choice!”  This quote is constantly stuck in my head and I always wonder if I did not have these collective thoughts in my head of fear would I have fear? In the past few weeks, I have gone through many situations and scenarios where fear got the most of me but I was able to pull through and complete the task. I constantly told myself I am strong and I am confident. Completing that certain task at first, fear got the best of me but I was able to push it out-of-the-way. Fear is something that lives in you forever in my opinion. In addition, the only way to get rid of it in certain scenarios is to stand your ground. You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop and look fear in the face. You must do the thing you think you cannot do. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment