Wednesday, January 20, 2016

200 Days!!!

Today is my 200th day of taking growth hormone shots.

If you think about it, it is a really big number.

I am very proud of myself for getting through all of this so far. I feel brave. I feel like no one in this world has the confidence like I do; but I know many other people have this same type of confidence which helps them get through difficult times.

Lately I have told people I take growth hormone shots. People say "OMG: how many days have you taken them for? Does it hurt? Is there blood?" I reply yes to all the answers, well, except to the hurting one - it doesn't hurt that much anymore.

Every day is getting easier for me and my parents because I feel like my parents don't have to worry about me taking my shots anymore. Today I even "primed" my first pen, which by the way is a really big deal! I was able to make sure all the bubbles were out of the pen where the medication is stored in the shots I take. I did this by myself without my mom's help. My dad watched me to make sure I did it properly. I was very excited that I had the opportunity on my 200th day.

Maybe I will keep taking these shots until I am around 15. I don't know. It depends, I will take them until I stop growing and we don't know when that will be. Sometimes I get lazy and tired and don't want to take the shots anymore; but I know these shots help me grow.

I think I can make it to 1000 days because I am strong, smart, kind-hearted, loving, dedicated, and, well, small!

Remember: amazing things come in small packages!

No comments:

Post a Comment